Mission, History & Employment
Provide opportunities for individual growth and community connections through parks and recreation.
To inspire our community to live happier and healthier lives by providing exceptional opportunities to play, learn and grow.
- Fun: Having a creative flair & fun in what we do
- Accountability: Ensuring the best return on investment of taxpayers’ resources and having the flexibility and nimbleness to be as efficient as possible
- Community: Aligning services and programs with needs, and continuously growing our connections with residents
- Quality: Setting high standards of performance; doing our best in everything we do
- Integrity: Ensuring high ethical standards
Rolling Meadows Park District at a Glance
The Rolling Meadows Park District was formed in 1958 and celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2008. The District is professionally accredited as an Illinois Distinguished Accredited Agency a program of the Illinois Association of Park Districts and the Illinois Park and Recreation Association. Rolling Meadows Park District has also been a finalist four times for the National Gold Medal award for excellence in parks and recreation management.
Park Board of Commissioners
David Andrejek, Donna Bisesi, Linda Blane, Don Bohac, Bill Cooley, Nick Sepke and Patti Weicker.
Size and Scope of Services
Total Number of Acres: 151
Total Number of Parks: 11
Total Number of Facilities: 6
Regular Full-time Employees: 35
Part-time & Seasonal Employees: 250
Tax Base (Equalized Assessed Valuation): $725,257,238
Tax Rate: .546 cents per $100 assessed value
P.D. Taxes on $200,000 home (estimated): $336
2012 Operating Budget: $5,240,000
Last Approved Tax Referendum: 1971
Population (2010 census): 24,099
Number of households: 9,425
Median Household Income (2010 census): $59,623